[SOLVED] Why does Split not work on nominal data read from csv file?

tennenrishintennenrishin MemberPosts:177Maven
edited December 2019 inHelp
I must be missing something obvious, but why, in the following process, does one Split work and the other not?

<宏/ >

< connect from_op="Generate Data by User Specification" from_port="output" to_op="Write CSV" to_port="input"/>
< connect from_op="Write CSV" from_port="through" to_op="Split" to_port="example set input"/>
< connect from_op="Write CSV" from_port="file" to_op="Read CSV" to_port="file"/>
< connect from_op="Read CSV" from_port="output" to_op="Split (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
< connect from_op="Split (2)" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 2"/>
< connect from_op="Split" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>

Answers

• tennenrishintennenrishin MemberPosts:177Maven
    Comparing the metadata from the two Split operators' ori ports, I see that the CSV Read operator outputs what might be described as a "regular but special" attribute. What is the meaning of this?

So I guess an easy work around is to "include special attributes" in the Split operator.
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:1,869Unicorn
    Hi,

you woke a demon bred by a half-bug coupled with a GUI inconsistency.
    When you want to configure the Read CSV operator to create a regular attribute, you have to select "attribute" from the role drop-down list. If you type "regular", the operator will create a special attribute with role "regular". Yes, this is horrible. I will create an internal ticket requesting to correct this.

Best regards,
    Marius
Sign InorRegisterto comment.