支持向量机多类类ification

kaalgotakaalgota MemberPosts:6Contributor I
edited June 2019 inHelp
How SVM will create hyperplane for multiclass label?

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:1,869Unicorn
    It can't, you have to use other techniques, e.g. the 1-vs.-all pattern as performed by the Polynominal by Binominal regression.
    Implementations of the SVM that support multiple classes do something similar internally.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • mbeckmannmbeckmann MemberPosts:15Contributor II

Unfortunatelly I have to disagree,

LIBSVM is able to deal with multiclass classification, and if fact there's a connector to LIBSVM in RM, but then the LIBSVM results stays constrained by this strange architecture of Polynomial and Binomail that exists only in Rapidminer.

Even a simple IRIS problem, is not possible to obtain a simple AUC, F-Measure, or ROC, and the Polynomial by Binomial classification or regression, simply doesn't work.

There is mathematical formulation to abandon this polynomial and binomial architecture, and this is a widespread methodology in any machine learning tool like Weka, R, Phyton libs, etc.

I think it's time to abandon this Poly/Bin architecture, but this involves deep changes in the RM structure.

• mbeckmannmbeckmann MemberPosts:15Contributor II

Hi,

The Polynomial by Binomial classification or regression, is working fine, and I can't disagree and complain about Poly/Bin architecture, without to propose possible solutions and to contribute some how with this great platform. Possible solutions for this problem are discussed inthis topic.

Sign InorRegisterto comment.