How to transfer mutual information matrix to attribute weights

qwertzqwertz MemberPosts:130Maven
edited October 2019 inHelp

Dear Rapidminer community,

I have a table of let's say 1 label and 5 regular attributes.

The goal is to write the mutual information between the label and each regular attribute as the weight of each regular attribute (e.g. mutual information between label and att1 = 2,452 -> This shall become the weight of att1; similar for att2 to att5).

So far I managed to write the mutual information to an excel file. (Which works though I have to admit that I don't really understand the necessaty to have the second report operator. But be it as it may.)

<宏/ >

<不相上下ameter key="attribute_name" value="label"/>

<运营商激活= " true " class = "报告:属te_report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Report" width="90" x="447" y="30">
<不相上下ameter key="report_name" value="report"/>
<不相上下ameter key="format" value="Excel"/>
<不相上下ameter key="excel_output_file" value="C:\Users\Abc\Desktop\mutual information.xls"/>

<不相上下ameter key="report_name" value="report"/>
<不相上下ameter key="specified" value="true"/>
<不相上下ameter key="reportable_type" value="Numerical Matrix"/>
<不相上下ameter key="renderer_name" value="Table View"/>

<不相上下ameter key="min_row" value="1"/>
<不相上下ameter key="max_row" value="2147483647"/>
<不相上下ameter key="min_column" value="1"/>
<不相上下ameter key="max_column" value="2147483647"/>

The point where I am struggling is to transfer the matrix output into weights.

Maybe it is not necessary to write a report file at all but at the moment I am totally stuck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sachs
Tagged:

Answers

• qwertzqwertz MemberPosts:130Maven
    I was looking for a work.around to apply the matrix content as weight of the attributes but without success.

The "data to weights" operator sounds promising but insteat of processing example input data it delivers "1" as weight for each and every attribute. (I wonder what the usecase of such operator is?)

So it seems that there isn't any way to convert example data to weights?

PS: I also posted a feature request in this matterhttp://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,8062.0.html

Kind regards
    Sachs
  • alal MemberPosts:10Contributor I
    Joining the author,

correctly working Data to Weights would be nice.

Currenlty, however, handling weights manually is actually possible. For instance, to manipulate weights and select attributes with desired weights you can do:

[weights] -> Weights to data -> [your manipulations] -> Sort -> Transpose -> Rename by Example Values -> Reorder Attributes -> Remove Attribute Range

However this is too complicated :-\
Sign InorRegisterto comment.