"Cost and Gamma SVM"

DocMusherDocMusher MemberPosts:333Unicorn
edited June 2019 inHelp
Hi,
What is the best and easiest? way to make a cost vs gamma curve (color) ?
Cheers
Sven
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,404RM Data Scientist
    Hi Sven,

you can use a log operator and log C,gamma and performance. Than you can use standard charts on the log (in results view).

attached is a process on Iris. I use this optimize also as a building block.

Cheers,
    Martin

<运营商激活= " true "类= compati“过程”bility="6.4.000" expanded="true" name="Process">

<连接from_op = "VM" from_port="model" to_port="model"/>

A cross-validation evaluating a decision tree model.

Optimize C and Gamma of a radial SVM using optimize by Grid

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • DocMusherDocMusher MemberPosts:333Unicorn
    Dear Martin,
    as usual, a clear and perfect solution.
    Thanks, Have a nice weekend
    Cheers
    Sven
    Hi,
    I suppose the following chart is impossible to generate in RM?

http://scikit-learn.org/0.10/_images/plot_svm_parameters_selection_1.png
    Cheers
    Sven
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,404RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

a similar chart is possbile. Marius did this once and told me how to do it. Sadly i forgot it:/

Cheers,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    Hi Sven!
    If you need this plot for your paper, i might programm a quick python snippet for it. Even though it might feel like code club:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6FhAQsjRuk
    Dortmund, Germany
    Dear Martin,
    This wound be very kind of you. I looked at:https://plot.ly/python/heatmaps/but had to admit that I am only a anesthesiologist which means a human being with less brain volume compared to real data scientists!
    Cheers
    Sven
    Hi,

attached is a process doing it on iris. I do not know how to get rid of the blue background color... Might need to think about it. It is a bit strange for me to write this kind of code again.

一定要有python扩展和matplotlib installed. I personally use Anaconda which is available for windows and mac.
    Please be careful running this on server, because it opens a dialogue and the process ends only if you close the dialogue

Cheers,
    Martin

Dortmund, Germany
    Hi,
    Martin,
    Works perfect with Iris. Now try my own log file.
    You made my day!
    Thanks
    Sven:)
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:578Unicorn
    Nice!

You can also save yourself the Python by using Advanced Charts.

Set the Domain to : C
    Set the Numerical Axis to : gamma
    Set the Color dimension to : Performance

Click on domain dimension & set it to Logarithmic
    Click on numerical axis & set it to Logarithmic

This will now give you little coloured dots, but really bigger dots would be nicer.
    Click on Numerical Axis -> Series: gamma & then click on Format -> Configure
    In this setting you can change from circle to square and then update the size of the square to whatever size looks good.
    Hi,
    I have a look. Nice to give alternatives!
    Have nice day.
    Sven
    Hi,
    Without the background if you define the number of bins : for iris number of bins = 5 plt.hist2d(x,y,bins=5,weights=z,vmin=z.min(),vmax=z.max())
    Information from:http://matplotlib.org/api/pyplot_api.html

Cheers
    Sven
    So much regarding the

I amonlya anesthesiologist
    thing.

Well done, thanks for sharing. Since you can pass macros to python, you might automate it by counting the number of different C/gamma values:)
    Dortmund, Germany
    Hi,

the process attached extracts the xbins and ybins automatically from the process. Might be useful:)
    The result is this:

Dortmund, Germany
    Hi,
    Thanks Martin, worked excellent for me!
    Cheers

Sven
    Hi,
    The axis in this chart might be the number of bins, not the log10 c or log 10 gamma?
    I provide a link with the 2 charts I get using two processes provided by Martin.
    Although I prefer the the smoothing of colors, I think the values are not the log10 c and log10 gamma values.
    Any suggestions
    Cheers
    Sven
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/knrrummnwztsxlu/SVMCgammacompare.docx?dl=0
    Oh,

you are completly right. Sorry for that. The python script below exports the correct min and max values. For a scientific publication i would not use the gaussian interpolation. It simply adds information which might not be there.

Cheers,
    Martin

Dortmund, Germany
Sign InorRegisterto comment.