"R text/regression output results"

farmerfarmer MemberPosts:15Contributor I
edited June 2019 inHelp
I've managed to get the R script working and displaying data frame numeric output in the Results section. My question is, it is possible to view R text output, such as regression results, or do I need to run a RapidMiner regression process in order to see the underlying estimated regression? Specifically, if I use the Rlmcommand to generate the regression equation and then thesummary(dependent variable)command, where does the summary output go? Thanks.

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,404RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

i never used the R extension myself. But it should be visible in the Log window. I would highly recommend to use the new R scripting extension.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • farmerfarmer MemberPosts:15Contributor I
    I've tried this, but the R output does not appear in the Log view window. Basically, I'm looking to capture the output from the R script somewhere in RapidMiner. If anyone uses R perhaps they could let me know how. Thanks
  • David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, MemberPosts:296RM Research
    You have to explicitly use a print() command in your R script to print the summary to the Log window in RapidMiner.
    If you want to capture and store your results, you have to take the single values of the summary (which is a list type in R) and extract and store them in a data table. If you do so, you could return them as an example set to RapidMiner.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks for that, makes sense. I triedPrint(summary(model name))and got the messageFile Memory buffered filerin the Results window and no output in the Log view window. I'll play around a little.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University ProfessorPosts:1,984RM Engineering
    Hi,

the old "R Extension" has been discontinued. If you are running Studio 6.4, you can use the all new "R Scripting" extension. All replies here refer to this new extension.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,

Yes, I drag theExecute Roperator into the process window and then write the script in theEdit Parameter Text:script. Will play around some more.
    Problem now solved. Some careless script coding on my part and now using the print() function,not Print(), to direct output to the console.

As an aside: 1) is it possible to obtain the Log output without dates and times and 2) increase the size of the font? Thanks.
    Hi,

A couple of questions:

The REdit Parameter Text: scripteditor is rather basic, is it possibler to replace it with an alternative/link to an alternative, for example, Notepad++?

Also, I take it that any variables generated in the R script are not available to access directly by Rapidminer, as they are no longer generated by the interactive console, as was the case previously? I guess my question is, how do I get variables from the R script into Rapidminer? Thanks.
    To be spefici, the write.csv(data frame,file="file name) instruction in R does does not seem to work - need to use the RapiMiner icon to achieve this. Does anyie else have this iussue?
Sign InorRegisterto comment.