Decision tree

sshildermansshilderman MemberPosts:9Contributor I
edited November 2018 inHelp

I'm trying to use a decision tree to predict user will leave.

My data include 4 regular attributes (2 nominal, 2 integer), and 1 special attribute (nominal label).

When using the Decision Tree operator I don't get a tree with all data, only one of the regular appear (as root) and the leafs contains the label data (which is OK).

What am I doing wrong?

Tagged:

Answers

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, MemberPosts:168RM Data Scientist

Hello, this may be simply happening because the data does not have patterns that fit the criteria you set.

I will suggest trying values for pruning, prepruning and confidence values.

一种更好的方式为这些woul找到一个正确的值d be using the "Optimize Parameters (Grid) operator and giving it a range to try combinations of some of these variables that affect your model.

You should be able to see a sample process in the help for "Optimize Parameters(Grid)" to see how this operator works

Good Luck

MartinLiebig
  • sshildermansshilderman MemberPosts:9Contributor I

Followup question -

首先,谢谢你nswer.

I created a table with patterns (manually), first to check i'm doing it right.

Is there a way to know who is located in each leaf?

I would like to learn which users will have a specific value (the labell value) in the future.

Bests.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,404RM Data Scientist

Hi,

what you can do is use the tree to rules operator. As a result (see attached process) you get the paths as strings. That might be helpful in first place. There is no one operator solution to apply this rules to a dataset to get "leaf IDs" but it might be possible to find some working process with things like Write as Text and then parse the resulting text files.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
Sign InorRegisterto comment.