Restoring the PostgreSQL driver

rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky MemberPosts:52Guru
edited December 2019 inHelp

Hi,

I was messing around with the PostgreSQL drivers on my machine for another program, and I think I broke the RM Postgres driver.

PostgreSQLWhen I try to make a new PostgreSQL connection, I get "No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432.

And for existing processes, RapidMiner is not even trying to connect to the database. I have no problem connecting to it from other tools, but when I try processes that used to work in RM, I instantly get "Database error occurred: The connection attempt failed." Same thing when I try to do "Manage Database Connections." I comes up right away, not even trying to connect to anything.

I'm on a Mac, RapidMiner version 7.5.3.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Rachel

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky MemberPosts:52Guru
    Solution Accepted

RapidMiner really, really doesn't like

postgresql-42.1.1.jre6.jar

Answers

I also tried renaming my ~/.RapidMiner directory and installing again, but no luck.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:1,761Unicorn

jre6? Is that the old Java 6 version of Postgres? RapidMiner runs on java 8 now, so it's likely there could be some conflicts there.

Yeah, I had it in my classpath for something else. When I removed it, everything started working again.

Thomas_Ott
Sign InorRegisterto comment.