how to generate a neural net weight-matrix?

eldenosoeldenoso MemberPosts:65Contributor I
edited December 2018 inHelp

Hello altogether,

as I am currently trying to get more insight into what neural nets are doing, I wanted to know, whether there is a way of exporting the weight-matrices of a neural net so that you can visualize it (e.g. heat map). By then changing the training set a couple of times, you may see differences in the "heat-map-weight-matrix" and can conclude which attributes are the ones that matter.

I know that there are real scientists out there, searching for answers to the black-box-problem of neural nets. But my curiosity just drives me towards this way and I would be glad to try this out :-).

Thank you for your answers

Philipp

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,381RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi Philipp,

in fact you can use Groovy Script to do this. I've tried this, but it wasn't as easy as i thought. Attached is a process with the script. It always extracts the first Layer. i've not tested it in various layouts though

Best,

Martin

<宏/ >

- RapidMin乐鱼平台进入er数据科学服务主管
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• eldenosoeldenoso MemberPosts:65Contributor I

完美的马丁!谢谢你!

In your case the data means that there were ten neurons in the first layer with 60 edges (weights), right?

Best,

Philipp

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,381RM Data Scientist

Hi,

yes. And two output nodes which are interestingly part of the innerNodes object and just identfiable by their layerId...

Best,

Martin

- RapidMin乐鱼平台进入er数据科学服务主管
    Dortmund, Germany
Sign InorRegisterto comment.