Searching through databases to get job candidates.

sakekelsakekel MemberPosts:1Contributor I
edited December 2018 inHelp

I am currently trying to figure out how to use rapidminer to search through websites/databases like LinkedIn, Indeed, Facebook and other social media outlets. I want to search through these places to look for potential candidates for a job. For example, I would search for degree a person might have and where they are located. I was wondering how to go about this. I am extremely new to this, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager

hello@sakekel- welcome to the community. Unfortunately web scraping LinkedIn and Facebook is against their Terms of Service so even if there was a way on RapidMiner, we would not endorse this. "Scraping" Twitter is perfectly fine - in fact it's quite easy in RapidMiner with the "Search Twitter" operator. So in summary, it completely depends on which social media platform you're asking about.

Scott

Sign InorRegisterto comment.