Numerical2Binominal converts to nominal and not to binominal

radoneradone RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:74Guru
edited July 2019 inHelp
Hello,
I have an attribute with values -1 and 1 and I need to convert it to binominal value type. Unfortunatelly, theNumerical2Binominalconverts the value type not to binominal, but to nominal. When I use additional "Nominal2Binominal" to fix this (as shown below) the attribute is split to two separate attributes.

Is there any elegant way how to convert integer values [-1,1] to binominal?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

RESULT
id ID integer avg = 1395 +/- 782.598 [40.000 ; 2,750.000] 0.0
regular PROFIT = true binominal mode = true (1387), least = false (1324) false (1324), true (1387) 0.0
regular PROFIT = false binominal mode = false (1387), least = true (1324) false (1387), true (1324) 0.0
Tagged:

Answers

• steffensteffen MemberPosts:347Maven
    Hello Radone

A nominal attribute with two unique values only is binominal. So this is not a bug. See for example the process below. Compare the transformed exampleset to the golfset whose label is clearly binominal.

@rapidminer-team
    But I guess there is another bug / missing feature:
    Although Numerical2Binominal requires the specification which parameters shall be mapped to false, the mapping itself does not reflect this regarding the positive or negative class (see also example below).

@radone
    Simply add the operator "InternalBinominalRemapping" as workaround.

regards,

Steffen

<参数键=“attributes_lower_bound”值= " 1.0"/>

• fischerfischer MemberPosts:439Maven
    Thanks to both of you for pointing this out.

I changed Numerical2Binominal so it actually creates binominal attributes.

Regarding the true/false mapping: Don't confuse true/false (which are just strings) with positive/negative classes that are relevant, e.g., for the computation of precision etc. Nevertheless, I have modified the operator such that now, false is always negative and true is always positive.

Both changes will be in bugfix-releases of the 4.5 series as well as in 5.0.

Best,
    Simon
Sign InorRegisterto comment.