Possible bug in X-Means parameters.

rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn
edited December 2018 inProduct Feedback - Resolved

Hello, World!

I was explaining something with集群ing with k-Means, and my XML looked like this (Notice that I'm using theOperator Toolbox扩展,因为我懒得打开Excel my examples):

<参数键= " parse_all_as_nominal" value="true"/>

Pay attention to theClusteringoperator: it hasadd cluster attributechecked andadd as labelas well, and it does add a集群attribute with alabel的角色。

Then I tried to switchk-MeansbyX-Means:

<参数键= " parse_all_as_nominal" value="true"/>

The thing is: if I check theadd cluster attributeit adds the集群attribute like it says it will, but, and here is the report: if I checkadd as label, it doesn't add the集群attribute with alabelrole, but actually it adds thelabel属性。我不得不put aSet Roleoperator after theX-Meansoperator to actually get a label and feed theDecision Tree.

Is this a desired behavior? If so, why? It's counterintuitive.

All the best,

Rodrigo.

Tagged:
0 votes

Fixed and Released·Last Updated

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn

Hi there,

Update: in RapidMiner 9.0 Beta, now it doesn't change the name集群bylabelyet the model still doesn't make use of theadd as labelcheckbox. To use the cluster as a label (e.g. to interpret results with a decision tree, which is my favourite trick under the sleeve), I need to applySet Roleagain. 50% of the bug/feature has been resolved.

Is there anything I can do to help?

All the best,

Rodrigo.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager

thx@rfuentealba. I forwarded your comment to the dev team and they will follow up if needed. Thanks!

Bug fix will be in Studio 9.0 release. Thanks for reporting@rfuentealba!

Sign InorRegisterto comment.