Multinomial Logistic Regression in Rapidminer

sunnyalsunnyal MemberPosts:44Contributor II
edited December 2018 inHelp

Hi,

I wanted to perform a Multinomial Logistic Regression for designating our customer types. I do not see any operator for this can you provide some guidance in this regards

Thx

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:1,761Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@sunnyal广义线性模型算子可以做个乘inominal labels, just have to set the Family parameter to multinominal

sgenzer SGolbert

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn

Hi@sunnyal,

Is there any difference between polynomial and multinomial logistic regressions? Because if there isn't a difference, I remember that there is an operator namedLogistic Regression (Evolutionary), that you can configure to do polynomial regressions.

All the best,

DocMusher
  • sunnyalsunnyal MemberPosts:44Contributor II

Thank you Rodrigo, Tom,

I also see an operator called Polynomial regression. Would this suffice the need for performing multinomial regression?? Is there a difference between this anLogistic Regression (Evolutionary)andGeneralized Linear Model ??

Also, do we have an sample process on Generalized Linear Model with family type as multinomial, that I can infer ??

Thx

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:1,761Unicorn

@sunnyalThe Polynominal Regression operator can only use a numerical label with numerical labels, so you can't use it for a multi-label application. The Logistic Regression (Evolutionary) operator is a lot like a standard LR algo BUT uses a Support Vector Machine to determine the boundary conditions of a binomal label. So that won't work either if you have multi-labels (i.e. more than 2).

The best bet, IMHO, is to use the GLM operator. It's a modern implementation and really fast.

sgenzer rfuentealba
Sign InorRegisterto comment.