Possible bug with Aggregate operator

lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn
edited June 2020 inHelp

Dear all,

I think I found a "fun" bug in theAggregateoperator by playing with the now famous Titanic dataset :

I wanted to calculate the count of thelabel"Survived" (Yes / No) :

So I set the following parameters :

- Aggregation attribute : Survived

- Aggregation functions : count

- Group by attributes : Survived

When executed, the process raises the following error :

Titanic_aggregate.png

When the label "Survived" is set asregular (using theSet Roleoperator), the process works fine :

Titanic_aggregate_2.png

It is possible that this bug has been reintroduced because a priori the process was used (without error) in the documentation

关于"Create Web Apps":

Titanic_aggregate_3.png

Regards,

Lionel

NB : the process :

<参数键= value =“group_by_attributes Survived"/>

Best Answer

• gmeiergmeier Employee, MemberPosts:24RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi@lionelderkrikor,

This was fixed only recently and is only part of the newest 9.0.0 beta. It works with the version I downloaded from the beta page yesterday.

If you cannot use the new beta yet, you can change the compatibility level of Aggregate back to 8.2.0.

MartinLiebig lionelderkrikor

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,404RM Data Scientist

Hi@lionelderkrikor,

this bug occurs when you aggregate on a special attribute. I think I've already reported it. Can you test if it's present in 9.0 BETA?

BR,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn

Hi@mschmitz,

Indeed, I shared the process using RM 8.2, but I confirm that the bug is still present in RM 9.0 BETA.

The process :

<参数键= value =“group_by_attributes Survived"/>

Regards,

Lionel

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn

Hi@gmeier,

Effectively, I work with RM Studio 9.0 Beta since 18th July. I updated today RM studio with the newest version 9.0Beta4

and i confirm that this bug is fixed.

Thanks you for your reply,

Regards,

Lionel

MartinLiebig gmeier
Sign InorRegisterto comment.