creating 2 histogreams on 1 chart in advanced charts

cmosesjrcmosesjr MemberPosts:6Contributor I
edited December 2018 inHelp

I have a output data set that looks something like this;

row item mac add loc rxsslb rxsshb txsslb txsshb freqhb freqlb
1 3 e8:4e:06:49:3e:cf wlan0 -57 -68 -46 -59 5240 2437

where all the columns except "mac add" are intergers

I would like two (or more) columns on a common histogram (lets take rxsshb, and txsshb for this example) with bins at each descrete value, i.e. -50, -51, and so on. In other words I want the population of each value of rxsshb and txsshb to be visualized. in bars whose height is the population, and color is the column (rxsshb/txsshb), translucent appearing (so I can see overlay)

The funny thing if the basic chart does this "pretty good" by simply ctrl-left-click the second column name in the dialog, BUT....the bins seem to be "offset" a little.

When I try this in advanced, by assigning rxsshb to the domain dimension, and count(rxsshb) to the numerical axis, and setting everything appropriate to give me catagorized histogram, its perfect, but I cannot add the second set of values (txsshb) to the chart. Am I stuck using the basic chart for this?

Thanks in advance

cmoses

rxsshb.png

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1195年Unicorn

Hi@cmosesjr,

Indeed it seems that there is problem with multiple series in advanced charts.

So I propose a (far-fetched) paliative solution to build your chart :

First I assume that your dataset is under this form :

Adv_Charts.png

We suppose that you want to represent "rxsslb" and "rxsshb" :

Add aDe-Pivotoperator after the operator which generate your dataset and in the parameters of this operator :

- setattribute namelike that :

Adv_Charts_2.png

- set the name ofindex attribute(in my example "index") :

Adv_Charts_3.png

Execute the process and go to the "Advanced Charts" panel and set your chart like that :

- Domain dimension : numbers

- Color dimension : index

- Numerical axis : count(index)

You obtain a chart like that :

Adv_Charts_4.png

Note :There is a display bug, there is a "shift" of the bars in the X-axis (for example the first bar, to the left, is at -75 instead of -80).

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel

NB2 :The process :

<列出关键= "nnotations"/>

<参数键= " 1 " value = " item.true.integer.attribute"/>

<列出关键= "ttribute_name">

sgenzer
登录orRegisterto comment.