Database error "Out of range value" (numerics) JDBC Driver

mugicagonzalez_mugicagonzalez_ MemberPosts:14Contributor II
edited December 2018 inHelp
Hello all,

I've been struggling with this for a while. When I try to update a MySQL database with DOUBLE field types from my dataset in Rapidminer (in attachment) with REAL or Numeric fields (and missings), I get the error

Database error occured: Out of range value for column 'productie_e' at row 1
I know something is wrong with the range of the numeric values, but the error doesn't report enough to deeply understand the issue for a data warehouse beginner.

Any idea what's wrong and how to solve it?

Thanks
Pello

example.csv 31.4K

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    @mugicagonzalez_- sorry no one has chimed in here. My go-to database expert is@BalazsBarany. Maybe he has time for a quick look?:wink:

Scott
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn
    Hi@mugicagonzalez_

我很抱歉回复有点晚。Your issue is quite simple, actually.

Your file isn't a typical comma-separated value in a sense that it uses the;symbol to separate. If you don't set it properly, your columnproductie_egets the value:

;;;;;0.5;33.0;1497.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.6;5.0;5.0;0.0;"[CX-1FE7DE][poll][2018-12-02__08-15-00.5990].csv_";"FTP";"CX-1FE7DE";"Antwerpen Upkot";12/2/18 7:15 AM

That's obviously not a number, what you want isnull, as there are no values in the first columns.

Solutions:
    • Use theImport Configuration Wizardfrom your database.
    • Set thecolumn separatorssetting from theRead CSVoperator to;
    Also, make sure that your column is declared asDECIMAL DEFAULT NULLas it will return another error if you get it declared asNOT NULL.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
Sign InorRegisterto comment.