Extract Sentiment - Value calculation

lena_rubenilena_rubeni MemberPosts:4Learner I
Hey,

I was wondering if anybody knows how the final scores in the extract sentiment operator are being calculated. How can I have a negative sentiment when all values in the matrix are positive?

谢谢你的帮助!

Greetings
Lena

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn
    Hello@lena_rubeni,

AFAIK, theExtract Sentimentoperator calculates the sentiment based in what the WordNet provides, and it reflects whether the sentiment is neutral (down to zero), negative (near to -1) or positive (near to 1). The complexity of the calculation depends on what parts of speech are you including in your process.

Do you mind to include your process to make a more educated guess?:smile:

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    hello@lena_rubeni如果你的意思是the new Extract Sentiment operator in the Operator Toolbox extension, that has not officially been released yet. Some of the documentation is built into the operator help menus.

Scott

• lena_rubenilena_rubeni MemberPosts:4Learner I
    Hi,

attached is my process. Where can I find the new Extract Sentiment operator in my toolbox? I just updated RapidMiner and cannot find it.

Thanks
    Lena
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    @lena_rubeniso that operator has not been released in the Toolbox extension yet. You won't find it.
Sign InorRegisterto comment.