Filter Example with upper and lower case

PrenticePrentice MemberPosts:66Maven
edited December 2019 inHelp
Hi again,

After just asked this question and accepted it, but I've ran into yet another problem. Yes, the solution works, but when I try to apply it to my real data it fails and I can't seem to figure out why. So this is what I exactly have:

Read Excel -> Extract Macro.
This reads an Excel file where I then have a macro (CustomerName) that stores the customer name from the excel file which will be used in the filter.

I have another path that goes like this:
Read Excel -> Filter Examples -> Res
I have it read a different sheet in the Excel file and then a filter for the customer name applied for the customer attribute. This filter reads as follows: "matches(Customer,".+"+%{CustomerName}+".+") and this filters it correctly, except the few cases where the customer is capitalised.
I've tried the following which I saw in another thread: "matches(lower(Customer),".+"+%{CustomerName}+".+") this filters everything out and leaves only the attributes.

So the answer that@mschmitzgave me in my previous question does work, however it leaves out the few cases where the customer is capitalised

Thanks again!
I'm sorry for the amount of (simple) questions I ask, but I'm just not fully familiarised with the software

普伦蒂斯
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PrenticePrentice MemberPosts:66Maven
    This actually worked, you're right. The macro needed to be lower case. Thanks!
Sign InorRegisterto comment.