Convert SQL Database Connections (Legacy) Error

michaelglovenmichaelgloven RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:46Guru
I've successfully connected RM Studio 9.2 to several databases (SQL & WA Security enabled) in SQL Server 2014 using Windows Authentication. Upon upgrading to 9.3 Studio I see that previous connections will be deprecated and there is a "convert" button to migrate current connections to 9.3. After converting each connection, I run the test connection and get the following error. Are there further instructions to resolve this issue, note in Advanced I have IntergratedSecurity set to "true".

This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:9c9a530e-c62e-494a-8231-b64cb1c344f8
Tagged:
michaelgloven
1 votes

Fixed and Released·Last Updated

Solved - see below. RM-4127

Comments

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn
    Hello@michaelgloven, nice to see you again!

You are having issues with the SQL Server included jar, normally found in the%RAPIDMINER_PATH%\lib\jdbc\sqljdbc-4.2.jarfile. Can you share with us the operating system you are using and if you were using another SQL Server driver, such as the Microsoft one?

BTW, this seems like a bug, calling@sgenzer,@mschmitz,@pschlunder.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • michaelglovenmichaelgloven RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:46Guru
    thanks Rodrigo!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, but not sure about which drivers are being used with my various applications - except for the fact I use sqljdbc-4.2.jar for RM 9.3
  • michaelglovenmichaelgloven RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:46Guru
    ok, I restarted my pc and rapidminer and today I have no errors with the database connections. So, not sure of root cause and sorry for wasting everyone's time. All is working and this issue with my instance is closed.
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University ProfessorPosts:568Unicorn
    Well, so far I did my own research and it seems it's an old error with the JDBC driver, some people on StackOverflow could date it back to 2005. For unknown reasons, sqljdbc_auth.dll doesn't load properly, and the solution is... restarting the database and the app, and ultimately restart the computer so that it can load the path to that file.

I think it might not be a waste of time after all. Let's hope this helps future generations.

All the best and great to see you again,

Rodrigo.
  • jczogallajczogalla Employee, MemberPosts:144RM Engineering
    I think this might relate to the fact that you need to restart your computer after you upgrade to 9.3 (there should also be a pop-up when updating that this is the case).
    The reason is that with the new connection management, we also had to touch the "RapidMiner Studio.exe" which is only replaced after a restart of the computer. But good to hear that it is resolved.
    And thanks@rfuentealbafor finding the underlying cause as it seems!
    Cheers
    Jan
Sign InorRegisterto comment.