NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO REPORT A NEW BUG, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "BUG REPORT". THANK YOU.

The sub-processes child to parent link does not work if you use "<" or ">" sign in the name.

hbajpaihbajpai MemberPosts:102Unicorn
I think this has to do with the XML backend, I have shared the XML of a mocked-up process.
In the below image the parent subprocess link does not work. For sake of clarity the actual name of the subprocess was "Play <= Yes"

However, if I remove the "<" sign it works as shown in the below image.

同样,它的功能就好了if Rapidminer Studio supports subprocess child to parent navigation via mouse forward-back buttons.

<?xml version = " 1.0 " encoding = " utf - 8 " ?> <过程版本sion="9.5.001">                                                                  

Best,
Harshit
Jasmine_
0 votes

Scheduled for Release·Last Updated

[update 9 Mar 2020: Fixed. Should be in next release.] RM-4350

Comments

• PaulMSimpsonPaulMSimpson MemberPosts:8Contributor II
    Interesting, yes, that looks like an issue, that I'm sure the engineers at RM will figure out. In the meantime, you can use the HTML tag for "<", which is "<", in the name.

While it shows up as "<"when you are looking at that subprocess, that HTML tag changes to the "<"once inside that subprocess.

And, once inside the child subprocess, the parent subprocess link works, again with the "<"showing up in the name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hbajpai Jasmine_ sgenzer
  • hbajpaihbajpai MemberPosts:102Unicorn
    @PaulMSimpson
    Thanks for a quick workaround, this helps for sure. In my actual deployment, I replaced it with less than as the words.;)
    I thought that I should bring it up to RM Dev team.
    Best,
    Harshit
    Jasmine_ [Deleted User]
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    hi@hbajpaiyes I actually hesitated before pushing this to dev as TBH I thought there was a workaround (thx@PaulMSimpson). I'm going to just cc@Marco_Boeckand see what he has to say...
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    done
  • Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:123RM Data Scientist
    @Marco_Boeck
    Is there a way to extend similar functionality to the Execute Process within a Process?

For example: In the process below, if I double click on 'Execute 01 Text pre-processing' it opens up that process, but there's no way to navigate back to the parent process in the UI.

Its a much easier way to navigate to the parent process when we have tons of Executeprocess operators in one process. I have been asked by many users asking for this.

Sign InorRegisterto comment.