How to protect the intellectual property with RapidMiner ?

lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn
Dear all,

I will eventually work with a client who is very curious. He has a data sample but he refuses to entrust them to me so that I can work.
He absolutely wants to come to my house and see how I work for an afternoon, the goal being to create a first iteration of the model (an experimental model / POC).
My fear is that he will appropriate the know-how that I show him and that he will continue the project without me. My goal is of course, on the contrary, to work with him over the long term and to develop a model and ensure its maintenance over time as he collects new data.
Have you experimented such situation ? Can you give me some advice(s) ?
If I develop a model and then I deploy this model, is there a way to "lock" the RapidMiner process(es) to keep me essential and only master of the RapidMiner processes ?

Thanks you for your listening,

Regards,

Lionel

Tagged:
Jasmine_

Best Answers

Answers

• hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 MemberPosts:323Unicorn
    @lionelderkrikor, thank you for bringing this up. This is a very important topic. It would be great to be able to encrypt but still run a process.

regards,

Alex
    Jasmine_ lionelderkrikor
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn
    thanks for your answers@hughesflemings68,@mbs,@sgenzer...

I forgot to mention something essential : the client want to do this afternoon session of work for FREE !!!!!!!!!! (he does not want to pay)

Scott, during your consultant experience, have you ever experimented to do a free session of work to win thereafter a strategic project ?
    If yes, was (were) this (these) experience(s) successful ?

Thanks you for your listening,

Regards,

Lionel
    Jasmine_
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, MemberPosts:1,195Unicorn
    Hi,

@mbs,@sgenzer,@hbajpai,first thanks you for your detailed answers. Your answers and the description of your experiences help me a lot and confirm my first intuition.
    Moreover, I have the feeling that the project proposed by the client is particularly exciting...
    So I will perform this session of work with him and i will do the maximum to build a first relevant model / POC with the data he will provide. Then we will see what happens...To be continued ....

Once again thanks you for sharing your experience,

Regards,

Lionel

hbajpai sgenzer Jasmine_
Sign InorRegisterto comment.