I have two excel i want to find if row number 1 from one excel is present in my second exel or not.

pallavpallav MemberPosts:39Contributor II
edited February 2020 inHelp
I have two excel i want to find if row number 1 from first excel is present in my second excel or not. If not completely then by what percent it is matching . some thing like fuzzy matching in python .

Its is text "outlet name can be name of any outlet , address can be any address city state and zip . how we can see if that row is present in other excel or not . if not completely then by what percent it is matching

Tagged:
Jasmine_

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM ModeratorPosts:2,959Community Manager
    @pallavif you want a clear "is the row in the other sheet or not",I would simply do an inner join on the two tables on all the attributes and see if there are any examples coming out of the join. If you want a more fuzzy matching solution, I would concatenate all the text attributes into one attribute (using a space delimiter probably) and train a model to predict match/no match after text mining word vectorization.
    MartinLiebig Jasmine_
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,388RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    the other way would be to append the 2 data sets and use Remove Duplicates afterwards. Rows which are in both data sets are returned at the dup port.
    Best,
    Martin
    - Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    sgenzer Jasmine_ [Deleted User]
  • yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, MemberPosts:363RM Data Scientist
    edited February 2020
    Hi@pallav,

How about the similarity analytics? You can try the "cross distances" on separate data sets or "data to similarity" if you append two tables together. For strings like address/city/state/outlet name or zipcode, you may want to normalize all upper case letters to lower case and then apply "nominal to numerical" before calculating the cross-distance between the examples. Of course, we can do the nominal measurements. But you have more various formulas with numerical measurement to quantitatively define the difference.

operator doc
    https://docs.www.turtlecreekpls.com/latest/studio/operators/modeling/similarities/cross_distances.html
    previous discussions/knowledge base
    https://community.www.turtlecreekpls.com/discussion/53879/cross-distance-how-is-it-calculated
    https://community.www.turtlecreekpls.com/discussion/52140/two-documents-similarity-using-cross-distance

HTH!
    YY
    Jasmine_
  • pallavpallav MemberPosts:39Contributor II
    @yyhuang @mschmitz @sgenzer- The problem is the text might not match 100% in that case if i will do cross join remove duplicate and other technique it may not match .. In that case we have to do somethiing like how we do in python . Either tokenizing the word and later taking tfid vector of each word find the cosine similarity with other excel after doing same preprocessing , This we can do in python but how can we do same in rapidminer .
    Jasmine_
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University ProfessorPosts:3,388RM Data Scientist
    Hi@pallav,

i think we got three options here:
    1. Use Process Documents to get TF/IDF, Cross Distances to get the cosine similarity, filter and join the original data.
    2. Cross-Join the data, use Generate Levenshtein Distance
    3. Use the DataBase Envy extension to do a non equal join. (I am not sure if this supports complex joins on fuzzy stuff).@BalazsBarany你能给一些建议吗?

Since you are also a customer, i would propose we do a quick call to walk you through? What times work better, European or East Coast work hours?

Best,
    Martin
    - Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    yyhuang Jasmine_
  • pallavpallav MemberPosts:39Contributor II
    @mschmitz-I am good with European timing. We can arrange call now.
    Jasmine_
Sign InorRegisterto comment.