在ubuntu RapidMiner安装system

sangaresangare MemberPosts:2Learner I
I am trying to install RapidMiner on my ubuntu system. I have already installed jdk and jre 14. But once I try to install RapidMiner it shows this message :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at com.rapidminer.license.verification.JarVerifier.createPublicKey(JarVerifier.java:270)
at com.rapidminer.license.verification.JarVerifier.(JarVerifier.java:140)
at com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher.main(GUILauncher.java:287)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
Can anyone help please

thanks

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified ExpertPosts:952Unicorn
    Hi@sangare,

currently you need Java 8 for RapidMiner Studio.
    There are OpenJDK and Amazon Corretto versions of Java 8, both work well. I use this:
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment Corretto-8.222.10.1 (build 1.8.0_222-b10)

Best regards,
    Balázs
  • sangaresangare MemberPosts:2Learner I
    Thank you very well for your reply. So RapidMiner does not work with advanced version of java ? It only works with java 8?
    Best regards
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified ExpertPosts:952Unicorn
    Hi@sangare,

Java 8 and Java 11 are different branches. After Java 8, the system was modularized and a lot of changes were made. 11 is not more "advanced" than Java 8, it is an incompatible version for preparing future developments.

Many established Java based applications are on the Java 8 branch. RapidMiner development is working on making the changes necessary to run on Java 11+, but it doesn't have a high priority, and for now, you have to use Java 8 if you want to use RapidMiner.

Regards,
    Balázs
    David_A
  • David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, MemberPosts:296RM Research
    In addition,

switching between different Java versions is very simple and can be done with the
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    command. For instance if there are other programs that specifically require a higher Java version.

Best,
    David
Sign InorRegisterto comment.