"Set Role doesn't work in tutorial"

User13User13 MemberPosts:155Guru
edited June 2019 inHelp
In the final tutorial you've got to use the Set Role operator. I follow the instructions, but it just doesn't seem to work. It's as if the Attribute and Target Role aren't being recognised. When I run the process the error is "The attribute '' doesn't exist". Here is a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjth5zq8x0us9ku/ScreenShot 2014-11-19 at 11.22.20 PM.png?dl=0

I'm running 6.1 on a Mac with Java 8.1.

Answers

• User13User13 MemberPosts:155Guru
    Hi Andrew, thanks for pointing this out. I checked the process using RM 6.1 running on a Linux machine and it worked. Could you check your process settings (i.e. if the Retrieve operator is pointing to //Samples/data/Deals)?
  • User13User13 MemberPosts:155Guru
    This is probably due to a known issue that occurs with some Java versions. You should either downgrade to the latest Java 1.7 version or wait until the next patch is released on December 17 which has a fix for this issue also for Java 8. The Java version shipped with RapidMiner Studio on Windows is not affected by this.

The problem is that the parameter value in the "Set Role" operator is lost when the operator loses focus. As a workaround, you can edit the value manually (or just append any character to the parameter value and delete it again).
Sign InorRegisterto comment.